Being that it’s the middle of April – it’s time to start thinking about senior portraits! Our biggest special is our May 40% off, and we want you to be fully prepared for your session. Here are a few of our best session tips:
1. Plan on bringing clothes that fit your style. We want you to LOVE what you’re wearing, so keep that in mind when picking out your outfits. Also – accessories can be great to jazz up an outfit or to add a bit of extra flare! If you have a favorite fedora or sequined scarf – bring it! Take a cue from Kyle and Janelle below – they both added their own style to their session… Kyle with one of his fave hats, and Janelle with some funky jewelry and playful sandals.
2. It’s usually best to bring at least one traditional outfit. You may think that traditional, classic clothes are boring – but they don’t have to be! Keep in mind point #1, and add a bit of your own personality to that traditional outfit. Dark, solid colors with long sleeves work best for a head and shoulders shot, so take that idea and put your own spin on it! Check out Vince and Amy – they’re head shots look amazing, and they took our advice with wearing solid, dark colors!
3. Stay out of the sun! Moderate tans are beautiful, but very deep tans and sunburns don’t photograph well. Try to avoid a lot of sun at least a few days leading up to your session. Take notice of these girls… it goes to show that it doesn’t matter if you’re fair skinned like Breanna or have a bit more color like Nonglee, their skin looks fabulous!
4. Take care when applying your make up. Too much will look fake, but it’s not good to have too little either. We think it should be of evening-wear intensity… and natural shades work best. Iridescent or sparkly eye shadow reflects too much light and appears unnatural. Allison opted for soft, natural makeup while Alexa wanted a bit more drama and so went with a darker evening look. Your everyday routine will play a large part in this – but you can’t go wrong if you use one of these girls as inspiration!
5. Come into the session with a positive attitude! Getting your senior portraits taken is a big occasion, and we want you to have a fantastic time. Make sure to get plenty of rest the night before, and don’t forget to pack everything you need ahead of time so you’re not rushing right before the session. Attitude can make all the difference, so don’t forget to prepare mentally for your session too!